Welcome:

Here you will find the somewhat random musings of a pediatrician in Watkinsville, Georgia. Some of my posts will involve medical topics, some political (maybe), and some spiritual. I will probably throw in an occasional comment about UGA athletics, or some other sports-related topic, as well.

Your comments are invited.

Rhinos

Rhinos
Walking with Rhinos

Monday, July 12, 2010

Baltimore - Part 3: Camden Yards

I promise that this is the last post on our stay in Baltimore.

We had the opportunity to take in an Orioles game while we were in Baltimore and we got to visit the famed Camden Yards.  I have been slowly attempting to work in visits to Major League ballparks when we travel to a Major League town, so I was glad to see that the Orioles had a home game while we were there.  Even better, it was a home game against the Yankees.  Now, I like the Orioles all right, so I would have cheered for them anyway, as long as they weren't playing the Braves.  I hate the Yankees, however, so this makes it all the more fun to go to this particular game.

Little did I know that, heading into this game, the Orioles had lost 10 in a row to the despicable Yankees.  I did know that the O's record was in the neighborhood of 16-36.  The park was maybe 3/4 full, and probably half in attendance were Yankee fans.  Jake Arrieta started the game to make his major league debut and performed well.  He pitched his way out of a jam in the 6th and came away with the win.  All in all, it was a good game in great weather in a nice ballpark.  And the Yankees lost.  What more could you ask for in a baseball game?

No comments:

Post a Comment