Welcome:

Here you will find the somewhat random musings of a pediatrician in Watkinsville, Georgia. Some of my posts will involve medical topics, some political (maybe), and some spiritual. I will probably throw in an occasional comment about UGA athletics, or some other sports-related topic, as well.

Your comments are invited.

Rhinos

Rhinos
Walking with Rhinos

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Major Milestone

I am very pleased to report that our home study for adoption has been completed!  We now have to get clearance from US Customs & Immigration to adopt internationally and then have to complete a dossier to send to Ethiopia.  The journey is far from complete, but we are excited to reach this milestone.  I will periodically post updates as we go.

For anyone considering adopting, domestic or international, let me recommend the book, The Connected Child by Karyn Purvis.  I am only a few chapters in, but it is very insightful.

The empty seat at our dinner table will hopefully be filled in the next 6-12 months.
BTW, this is not my family or my image.  Just appropriate for the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment