Welcome:

Here you will find the somewhat random musings of a pediatrician in Watkinsville, Georgia. Some of my posts will involve medical topics, some political (maybe), and some spiritual. I will probably throw in an occasional comment about UGA athletics, or some other sports-related topic, as well.

Your comments are invited.

Rhinos

Rhinos
Walking with Rhinos

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Funny Kids

I often wish that I could remember all the funny things that kids do and say in the office.  Well, today, I remember one.

Every now and then, if a kid asks, I'll let them listen to my heart or look in my ears.  Today, even though it was a busy Monday, I decided to let this 8 year old boy look in my ear.  It is tough to say no to a polite, charming kid.  This particular child then proceeded to remind me of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer impersonates a doctor.
  
In "The Slicer", Kramer is trying to help George out by pretending to be a doctor so he can take a photo of George's boss with his shirtoff.  This is so George can then replace a beach photo of his boss from years before when he and George had had a run in.  As Kramer is examining George's boss, he says such things as, "Male mammal.  Approximately 30-60 years of age. Weight...indeterminate... fiber from shirt on left shoulder.  I'm gonna have to keep an eye on that."

As the child started to look in my ear, he started to say things like,"Wax in ear...black hair...large hole...skin normal"  I start to chuckle as he is sharing his observations because it reminds me of the Seinfeld episode, so he then says, "apparently ticklish".   Hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment