Welcome:

Here you will find the somewhat random musings of a pediatrician in Watkinsville, Georgia. Some of my posts will involve medical topics, some political (maybe), and some spiritual. I will probably throw in an occasional comment about UGA athletics, or some other sports-related topic, as well.

Your comments are invited.

Rhinos

Rhinos
Walking with Rhinos

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Another 17(ish) Hours On A Plane

For those of you who have read my blog for a while, you may remember the post I wrote shortly before our medical mission trip to Kenya in 2010.  In it I mentioned how much I hate being stuck on airplanes and how I had nevertheless signed up for a Kenya trip that would put me on the dreaded beasts for about 17 hours each way.  Well, here we go again.

Image from Lonely Planet


My wife, Amy, and I are about to make the first of two trips to Ethiopia to complete the adoption of our son and bring him home with us.  The air time will be about the same as when we flew to Kenya.  Although I still do not like being cooped up in a plane, I survived the lengthy journey to Kenya and back, so I know I will be able to handle the flights to Ethiopia.  We are excited to take the next step towards completing our adoption and to meet our son for the first time.  We hope to give an update or two while in Ethiopia, but that will depend on time and internet access/reliability.

Image from crwflags.com

No comments:

Post a Comment